Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Approach in Silence

For the last two weeks I've been thinking a lot more about prayer than I usually do. I don't think the quantity of my prayer has changed much, but I know the quality has.

I've been challenged to approach God first in silence, listen for what He has to say, and only then lay my concerns before Him. I'll be the first to say, this is not easy. However, it is entirely worth it.

Many times in the last two weeks, I've approached God in silence and then realized I wasn't concerned with what I was originally going to complain to God about. He'd changed my perspective. It caused me to wonder, what it is I'm hearing when I don't approach God in silence?

I imagine when I approach God and just spout off my problems asking Him to do something about them, He's sitting there wondering if I'll ever stop talking and actually have a conversation. You know, the back and forth kind. I would guess, a lot of the time, I'm the one giving answers.

I encourage you to take a look at your prayer life, and see how you can get to know God better through it. I've learned and grown a lot, just by doing this.

If you're interested in content which goes deeper into this, check out the Basic Series, by Francis Chan. It's stellar!

1 comment:

  1. stellar. just like the God who created the stars. words just can't express how awesome times like this are, listening to the One who holds the universe in the palm of His hand speak into your personal reality. stellar.

    ReplyDelete