Thursday, September 20, 2012

My Favorite Characteristic About God?

"I love that God doesn't just destroy evil, but He redeems it." -- some stranger I met once.

At my college group from church we went around saying our favorite characteristic of God. The common comments were "faithful", "gracious", "merciful", "forgiving", and so on. This one was the only one that was different, and it really caught my attention. 

I don't have much to say on that tonight. But please, take a moment to meditate on what that means for you tonight.

"But when Christ appeared as a high priest gof the good things that have come,5 then through hthe greater and more perfect tent (inot made with hands, that is, not of this creation) 12 he jentered konce for all into the holy places, not by means of lthe blood of goats and calves but mby means of his own blood, nthus securing an eternal redemption." (Hebrews 9:11-12)

Redeem: to buy back or to buy out of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment