Saturday, July 2, 2011

Blessed be Your Name

Many times we don't realize how much we really appreciate anything until they are taken away from us. Yesterday, 150,oooish people were without power in the Mesa area for 1 to 10 hours or so, depending on the location, which of course included my house. Normally, this wouldn't be so bad - if you're not in the Valley of the Sun! Air Conditioning is a necessity in 110 degree weather! As I was toasting on my couch, I was thinking of how thankful I am for electricity, AC, and the ability to see in dark places without windows! But I was thankful for friends who let us stay at their house who had power for a little while to chill. We got our power back 6 hours later, thankfully, but this song, especially the line from Job, has been my prayer and praise today.
"Blessed be the name of the Lord,
Blessed be Your glorious Name.
You give and take away, you give and take away,
my heart will choose to say, Lord, Blessed be Your name."
There are plenty of other times where bigger and more significant things are taken away from us, but God's ways are greater than ours, and far beyond what we can see or comprehend. God is faithful, and provides for our daily needs - He deserves thanks and praise every moment of every day! And that is something we can be intentional in - to be thankful in every situation, no mater the circumstance. How do we do that? By fixing our eyes on Jesus, and letting His joy be our strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment