Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Gorgeous Rocky Mountains

It's the end of day 3 here at the Free Lutheran Youth Convention 2011 in Estes Park, CO. Surrounded by the glorious Rocky Mountains I am constantly reminded of the Absolute Splendor of God. God is here. He is wanting to move in each of us. 
Today I was blessed to meet with all of the other blog authors for lunch. I'm so thankful we were all here at FLY this week and able to spend time together over a meal in fellowship. Praise the Lord!
My mind is so full of things I could share with you right now. If you are interested in listening to or watching the evening sessions from the week you can go here: www.aflc.org/youth/fly.
As I sit and reflect on the week so far a combination of two thoughts have struck me. The first is: "The uncomfortableness that God's Word brings is a good place to be. Its what you do with it that counts." The second is an analogy used with legos. When you buy a lego set you follow the instructions and put the legos together, but you don't just stop there. You also break those legos back down and rebuild them up. We are like those legos before God. 
 As I think of these two thoughts I see a connection. We have times when we need to be broken down and then built back up by God, but it can be uncomfortable. Both that uncomfortableness and process of being broken down so we can be built back up comes from being in the Word of God. 
Which leads me to ask myself:
Are you in God's Word? 
Are you uncomfortable? 
Do you need to be broken down? 
Do you need to be built back up? 
What will you do to make it count?

No comments:

Post a Comment