Friday, June 24, 2011

I don't have the strength

We cannot accomplish anything in our own strength. I try and try to be like Christ, and I try and try to accomplish His will. But that is the problem. I try. And in my trying, I am pushing Christ aside and saying that I can do this on my own. But I can't. We cannot live apart from Christ, but in that truth we often distort it when we try to live in part with Christ.

This song by Third Day has been going over and over in my head, and I realize that in all that is going on in my life, even I don't have the strength to give it all over to God. In the trials of life I do not have the strength to give my life, my worries, my doubts, or my fears to God. But I pray that He would take it anyway - I don't have the strength to give it, but I don't need it, because He is my strength.

How many times have I turned away
the number is the same as the sand on the shore
But every time You've taken me back
And now I pray You do it once more.

Please take from me my life
when I don't have the strength
to give it away to You Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment