Friday, January 21, 2011

loyalty and knowledge

"For I delight in loyalty
rather than sacrifice,
And in the knowledge of God
rather than burnt offerings."
I was reading these verses the other day in Hosea, and it could do nothing other than pierce my heart. Earlier before this verse, The Israelites are "repenting" to the LORD, but God knew their hearts, and that even though they said it, they were not loyal in saying it. "For your loyalty is like a morning cloud and like the dew which goes away early."

I couldn't help but think how loyal I am to God. I say that I am...I ask for repentance, but does my heart truly grieve over my sin? Do I try my best to not sin, or do I shrug it off, and ask for fogivness later?

God delights in loyalty rather than sacrifice. Before we give our lives to Him, and do service, before we live for Him, He wants us to have a loyal relationship with Him - He wants us to be real with Him. He also delights in knowledge of Him rather than burnt offerings. Before anything in life, what delights God is a loyal heart that knows Him. Is it my passion to please my Father, or to please those around me who see what I do, but do not see my heart?

Lord, give your people the passion to be loyal to you, and to want to know you more!

No comments:

Post a Comment