Saturday, April 17, 2010

Hey guys
Sorry I'm late, once again... I promise to do better next week; I won't be reffing a basketball tournament then. So I'm not really sure what to post on, but Jeremiah Jones came to mind the other day, so he's going to be my inspiration. Jer is a super good guitar player, but what is best about his playing is his willingness to share his abilities with others. In 1 Timothy 4:14 we read: "Do not neglect the gift you have, which was given you by prophecy when the council of elders laid their hands on you." Now, I'm not sure about the council of elders part, but I do know the first part of the verse tells us not to neglect our gifts. Jer was given the gift of music, and he has chosen to develop his musical abilities and to share them with others. Everybody has been given spiritual gifts, the challenge is to discover what you've been blessed with and use those gifts. If you aren't sure what they are, pray about it, or ask a friend/pastor/etc. Then remember, don't neglect those gifts; use them for the good of others.
till next week (on time, I promise)
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment