Monday, March 11, 2013

Filled with Joy

You know what I love? I love the sound of my baby boy's giggle when he rides on his daddy's shoulders. I love the pure joy that lights up his face after I round the kitchen island in a game of peek-a-boo chase. I love hearing him make truck sounds as he pushes anything with a wheel. As a mom, hearing those sounds - as well as the countless other babbles, screeches, and songs - fills my heart with joy. I never get tired of it. And I can't help but think that maybe the Lord feels the same way. 

Maybe the same joy that I experience as I watch my son explore, giggle, learn and grow is the same joy that fills the Lord's heart as we follow Him - as we truly follow Him. As we put feet to our faith. As we love on those who go unnoticed. As we clothe the naked, feed the hungry, and stand up for those who cannot stand up for themselves.

I know we don't do good deeds to earn God's favor. We can't earn our salvation based on the number of times we made Him smile. His love for us isn't based upon such things. But I can't help but think His heart is filled with joy as we carry the love of Jesus to the world. As we live as His hands and feet. As we obey even when it's difficult.

So, how about we put a smile on our Father's face today?
"Little children, let us not love with word or with tongue, but in deed and in truth. We will know by this that we are of the truth . . ." - 1 John 3:18-19 
"I have no greater joy than this, to hear of my children walking in the truth." - 3 John 1:4

No comments:

Post a Comment