Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Hardwired Evangelists

The small group Bible study I'm a part of has been going through The Explicit Gospel with Matt Chandler. It's exceptionally good, and has been a catalyst for the Holy Spirit to open my eyes much more fully to the Gospel, and in that, radically transform my life. I would truly love to see every person I know go through this study. It's been that impactful!

One of the things which really stood out to me is the idea we are all naturally evangelists. As in, it's intrinsically a part of who we are. At first I thought of this term in only the common Christian use, talking about Jesus so others will hear and receive Him. But in reality, we do this with everything.

When we experience something amazing, we talk about it right? When we see a movie and think it's the best of the year, we get excited and share about it. When we do something exciting, we get excited, and our excitement influences others to get excited about it.... See where I'm going with this? Just as I shared with you about this amazing Bible study I'm going through, each of us are hardwired to share about the things which are impacting us the most.

This leads us to a simple question. 
What are we sharing the most? Said slightly differently: What are we being evangelists of the most? Whatever it is, that is what is impacting our lives the most.

If it isn't Jesus, He doesn't love us less. And if it is, that doesn't cause Him to love us more. But it does speak a lot to where we are. 

May you experience the Gospel deeper this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment