Thursday, February 28, 2013

Handmade

Can I be candid with you? Sometimes I get mad at God; sometimes I even yell at Him. It may be about the weather or driving conditions, but as of late it's been because I don't feel like I'm enough. I yell at Him because I do not look the way I think I should look, or I'm not funny enough, or smart enough. I yell at Him because He's the One who made me, and He obviously could have done a better job.

Does that strike a chord with any of you? Do you ever compare yourself to others and think, "Why not me, God?"

Well, I went to a concert this past weekend and bought a t-shirt.


The band Rend Collective Experiment (awesome, check them out if you don't know them) spoke about how God doesn't have a factory in order to mass produce humans. Every little thing about you, about me, was perfectly handcrafted. He didn't make a mistake, and all that He creates is good

I know these verses are quoted often, but take a moment to ponder what that means in your life. 

For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them.
(Psalm 139:13-16 ESV)

God knew what He was doing when He made you, and He made you the way that you are to fulfill a purpose for His Kingdom and glory. He knew that you'd have a problem with sin, and He did something about it. He sent His Son to the cross so that you, in all of your sin and shame, would be able to stand before God in all that glory that He created you in; perfect. 

So the next time that these lies creep in, remember that God -- the King -- created you. He knows you better than anyone else, and He loves you with such an intense, fierce love. And He doesn't make mistakes, because He makes everything good

No comments:

Post a Comment