Friday, January 18, 2013

You Chose to Choose Me


through the narrowness of my self-focused scope
I see the day I trusted and found a new hope
that decision I made when I first followed You

was this the beginning? is that where I start?
can I point to the time You invaded my heart?
when did You decide to choose me?

in the vast expanses of nothing
You thought that I was something
in the chaos over the waters
You saw us all as sons and daughters
as You made day and night
You watched us basking in Your light
before creating the most beautiful views
it was me You decided to choose

not so I would be something great
not so my name would be seen as grand
no, You chose me so we could walk hand-in-hand

I am Yours so I can tell Your Story
I am Yours to show others Your glory
Father, Son, Spirit; You chose to choose me

(thoughts from John 15:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment