Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Gazing in Wonder

Back in November I received the Jesus Storybook Bible (by Sally Lloyd-Jones), and have been reading excitedly through it as part of my quiet time with my Abba. This morning I read about the coming of Jesus to earth as a baby in Bethlehem. A phrase kinda jumped out at me. 

"And they(Mary and Joseph) gazed in wonder at God's Great Gift, wrapped in swaddling clothes, and lying in a manger."

I realized as I read this, it's far too easy for me to miss out on the opportunities to gaze in wonder at what God has done, is doing, and will do. Christmas is an excellent time to reflect on who Jesus is, what He came to do, and how He has been at work. To remember 'God's Great Gift' with wonder.

As I've been reading through the Jesus Storybook Bible, I've been drawn in to seeing things as kids do. I've been reminded of how to gaze in wonder at the Story God is writing each day, in my life, and in the whole universe. 

In this wonderful time of the year, may we be blessed with the eyes of children, gazing in wonder at our Savior and His love for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment