Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Pray, then Act.


Last week I wrote about approaching God in silence, seeking His will above our own. Then last weekend I heard a quote which challenged me further in my prayer life.

"Pray. And then put feet under your prayers."
- Pastor Brandt's Grandpa

As Christians we're called to pray. To take everything to God in prayer. What struck me from this quote though is, often we stop there. We don't put any action behind what we pray for. And granted, sometimes we are supposed to leave it before God. But I think many times, God gives us the ability to do something towards answering, or putting feet under, our prayers. Think about it.

How many times do we ask God to minister to someone in need and then not do anything to minister to their need ourselves? Is it possible as Christians, we often use prayer as a copout? I know, in my own life I have.

Please don't take this as me saying, 'Don't pray, just act.' 
Instead hear, 'Pray, then act.'

I believe if we do this, we'll see God at work in and through us much more frequently!

No comments:

Post a Comment