Wednesday, September 26, 2012

"i'm all you need"

The more I get to know Jesus the more I fall in love with him.  With his ways, his purposes, his ideas, his strategy, his love for people, his passion, and his humility, but more importantly than that, I simply fall in love with him, as a person, as a God, more and more.  His love for me has extended so far and the more I experience it in my life, am changed by it, am overcome by it, my love for him grows.  There is a song out right now by Bethel Music called "Come to Me"  and a line in the song says, "Come to me I'm all you need, come to me I'm your everything."  That's Jesus for us.  He is the bread of life and the water that satisfies our deepest thirst.  

I've also been thinking a lot lately about how Jesus has called us and as his own he describes us as many things, but namely I have been thinking how we are the body of Christ.  We are his hands and feet.  The ones he uses to reach out to those around us who need to know him.  Who need to be encouraged, who need to hear the voice of the Lord speak, who need his arms wrapped around them.  What a blessing to be able to speak life into someone who's heart is failing, to bring a meal to someone who is going through a tough time, to be a listening ear to someone who just needs to know someone cares. 

As the body of Christ, how are you gifted; how are you called?   I would love to hear about it in the comments below...

No comments:

Post a Comment