Thursday, May 24, 2012

Forever Reign

This is a strange time in my life-- everything is constantly changing! People are moving away, friends are getting married, and some are even having babies! Being the youngest writer on this blog and probably of those who read this, I'm sure most of you are thinking, "It's okay Katelyn, just grow up!" And you've probably already learned all these lessons, but here's a reminder then:

God is still on His throne.

If you were to ask me the biggest thing I learned at Bible School for the past two years, that would probably be my answer. I was reminded time and time again in my Revelation class that He never leaves His throne, never loses control, and never allows things to happen without a purpose. I was struck by this as my teacher, Pastor Franz, would teach of the coming judgment and how terrible it will be, but would always finish by describing how God either put a time limit on the judgment or would protect His children by a sign or a seal.

The psalms are filled with songs of praise of God's reign as well. Just a few:
"For the LORD is a great God, and a great king above all gods. In His hands are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are His also. The sea is His, for He made it, and His hands formed the dry land." (Psalm 95:3-5)
"But You, O LORD, are enthroned forever; You are remembered throughout all generations." (Psalm 102:12) 
 What an awesome reminder that God is on His throne! He doesn't make mistakes. If you think of an earthly king reigning, they are in control of all and oversee everything. How much more does our Heavenly, Perfect King reign and rule all! His control is perfect. His faithfulness is perfect. What peace this brings my anxious heart! I pray it does the same for you--and that you never forget, God is still on His throne.

No comments:

Post a Comment