Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Another Lesson from Odyssey

I love listening to Adventures in Odyssey. It's safe to say I listen to at least an episode a day, if not more. Listening to an episode or two of Odyssey makes cleaning the bathrooms, washing the dishes, or making supper enjoyable. But I don't just love Odyssey because it's noise to have in the house when I'm home alone - I love Odyssey because, even as a 23 year old, I still learn important lessons and truths from God's Word. 

Today's episode was one of those that truly challenged me. Unfortunately, it cannot be summed up justly in this blog. So, tonight, as you get ready for bed, or tomorrow as you wash the dishes, procrastinate studying, or make a batch of cookies, I encourage you to listen to the episode entitled "Tornado". You can do so by clicking here: http://www.whitsend.org/. Or, you can pay a couple bucks here (and trust me, it'd be well worth it): http://family.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/product?item_no=DA14925-7

May you be challenged and encouraged as you listen to the love of little Mandy. And may we be spurred to share the love of Jesus in the same manner. O Lord, when I see a need around me, may I not harden my heart or turn blindly away from them. Give me Your eyes, Your heart, and Your zeal to accomplish that which You call me to!
"Jesus didn't give us exceptions on who to show His love to." - Chris, Adventures in Odyssey host 
"'You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. For if you love those who love you, what reward to you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? If you greet your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same?'" - Matthew 5:43-47 

No comments:

Post a Comment