Monday, July 11, 2011

The LORD at work

A couple of months ago, I ran across a pray of Paul's written to the church in Ephesus. Paul's prayer become my daily prayer for our youth group girls here in Beulah:
"I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His might which He brought about in Christ . . . " (Ephesians 1:19-20)
This past week, I was humbled to watch some of results of my prayers. As the Word was preached through many Godly men and women at the FLY Convention, the Holy Spirit was working. He was softening hearts and opening eyes to the hope of the calling of Christ, the richness of the glorious inheritance that we have in Christ, and the unsurpassing greatness of God's power. What an amazing thing to see take place. How humbling it is to realize that there is nothing I myself can do to bring our students to that place of brokenness, realization, and salvation. Only the Lord can do that.

And praise Him that He does indeed work!
"Unless the LORD builds the house, they labor in vain who build it . . . " (Psalm 127:1)


No comments:

Post a Comment