Friday, March 18, 2011

Before the Throne

It surrounds us. It's around every corner and in every crack of our life. It fills our heart, and comes out in our actions...

I have been feeling the heavy burden of sin in my life the past few weeks, and only being able to focus on how horrible I am because I can't shake sin. I spend most every day discouraged because I have been looking at myself and how I am a failure.

But God continues to say "Look up, and outward not down and inward." He loves me so much that He died for the wicked sin that encompasses my life. But He didn't die so that I could dwell in my sin and be discouraged by it. No, He died to WIPE AWAY my sin and present me as spotless before the Throne of God.

In Romans 5 it talks about the grace of God - the gift He gave to us while we were still helpless, while we were yet sinners. It is the gift we don't deserve, but the desire of God's heart is that we accept it. The point of grace is to bring us to Christ - that is the only place we receive it. I need to bring my sin to Him every day - to confess it and let it go - not once a week or month, but every day. And in that time, and can know that this verse it true - "but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more."

Dwelling on Christ and the gift of grace makes me to see who I am in Christ. It is an awesome realization that Christ loves me despite the sin I do each day. He gives me the strength to overcome it. Giving Him the burden of my sin lightens my daily load - His yoke is easy and His burden is light.

The song, "Before the Throne of God Above" has been stuck in my head the past few days, and I think God has put it there for a reminder of what Christ has done for me, and who I am in Him. Praise Him for His saving grace :) He is amazing!

Before the Throne Video

No comments:

Post a Comment