Thursday, January 6, 2011

WWWWWH

The past few weeks have allowed me to value my vacation and realize the reality of God's redemptive work in my life. For a while at the end of last semester, it felt like I was riding a horse while hanging by one stirrup, slamming my head into the dirt, using all my energy to simply survive.

Responsibility is sometimes hard to handle. Lack of responsibility sometimes makes me feel lazy. The past couple weeks have been a balance of the two, really bringing me back to a place where I am ready to get back on the horse. Friends and family, skiing and sleeping, laughing and learning, writing and reading, and simply being loved have got me back in the saddle of a wild, buckin' horse. Let's rodeo!

With the beginning of a new year comes resolutions, goals, and change. I have resolved to set some goals that will help me change. That sounds vague, but it's true and I hope it sticks with you.

Who is going to guide your everyday life?
What do you want God to change in your attitudes?
When will you find time to sit in silence, listening to God?
Where does God want you to go in life?
Why are you alive today?
How do you want to share Christ's love with someone right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment