Thursday, January 27, 2011

For I will YET praise Him!

I came across a verse yesterday in Psalm 43 that I've been dwelling on.

Psalm 43

1 Vindicate me, my God,
and plead my cause
against an unfaithful nation.
Rescue me from those who are
deceitful and wicked.
2 You are God my stronghold.
Why have you rejected me?
Why must I go about mourning,
oppressed by the enemy?
3 Send me your light and your faithful care,
let them lead me;
let them bring me to your holy mountain,
to the place where you dwell.
4 Then I will go to the altar of God,
to God, my joy and my delight.
I will praise you with the lyre,
O God, my God.
5 Why, my soul, are you downcast?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Savior and my God.

Something about verse 5 resonates with me. It's easy to be downcast. It's easy to dwell on our troubles. But we have hope and joy and delight in the Lord. Oooooo He is so good to us! "For I will YET praise Him!" When I start to dwell on the Lord, He turns my sadness into joy indescribable and I want to shout from the mountain tops because I'm so blessed. I feel filled to the brim with the goodness of the Lord. My cup runneth over. 

Psalm 23:5-6

5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
6 Surely your goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.

My cup overflows. I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever! God is soooo good! Ooooo He is so good! 

God is good. Put your hope in God.

Blessings on your week!
Naomi

1 comment: