Sunday, November 7, 2010

Baby Steps

My wonderful nanny girl whom I love dearly has been in the slow process of learning how to walk for the past two months. She loves to walk, but only if she has a firm grip on someone's finger; walking without someone has been completely out of the question. If I slipped my hand away she would whine and cautiously lower herself to the floor. I knew I would never let her fall, so at times it just annoyed me that she wouldn't step out in faith and be confident that I would be there with her the whole time.

Did you catch that? This past week I sure did; I wouldn't step out in faith. We are all similar to my little girl in many ways; we like to have a firm grip on God as He controls our paths. If God lets go and wants us to have faith in His provision and guiding, He won't let you fall.

Abraham is the first one that comes to mind when I think about stepping out in faith. Hebrews 11:8 says, "By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out to a place that he was to receive as an inheritance. And he went out, not knowing where he was going"

Not knowing where he was going.

It's easy to follow God when He holds our hand and directs the path in which we take, but it's not as easy when He calls us to do something that's so completely foreign to our minds as walk by faith.

My nanny girl learned to walk this weekend, praise the Lord!
That made me question myself; have I learned to walk yet?
How is your walk today?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the encouraging reminder to trust the Lord always and to walk by faith, Kate!

    ReplyDelete