Tuesday, September 21, 2010

When the World Come Crahing Down Around You and the Question Have No End

The title of my blog today is kind of how I'm feeling but only a small portion of my world has come crashing down. I bought a gas-powered scooter a little while ago and today when I went to leave the coffee shop where I go to do some reading and Bible study it wouldn't start. I ended up having to push it about a mile and a half home, half of it uphill :), and now I'm stuck wondering what I am supposed to do. Obviously it needs to get fixed, but the questions of what is actually wrong with it aren't really the ones that are on my mind. I battle going into depression because of worry and doubt when things like this happen, but to be honest with you, gratefully, right now I am confident that God is in control and somehow He can and will work things out for good. I still wonder what to do now though because the there is another concern of which I cannot tell you but effects things to a large degree. (Don't you just love the mystery?)

We are going through a series at church right now in which we are studying seven different attributes of God. The first one we are looking at is His goodness. Goodness isn't just what He does, it's who He is. I can take comfort in that.

Now maybe at this point you are wondering to yourself,"Why it is such a big deal that his scooter doesn't work anymore?" Well, maybe it's not, but I now need to figure out if I should, how, where, and when to get it fixed while still being able to get around town and do the things I need to do. Of course I've got two feet to walk on, friends to ride with, and cars to borrow, but the reality is that my life has changed in just a moment and whenever life changes questions and difficulties arise. How we respond to them is greatly going to determine where our hearts lie in regards to knowing and believing who is in control.

Something quite difficult may be going on in your life, but know this, God is in control and He can be your sun and your shield during this time.

It's ok to ask Him questions, but can you be satisfied with His answers...?

1 comment:

  1. Justin you make a great point with your ending question. It's a question I think I need to ponder. I've been challenged recently with being content even when things aren't going well according to me. I've been asking God "why" a lot lately. Your question makes go on to me ask myself, am I content to be where God has placed me? Even when I have doubts I know I need to trust in His control of my life and not strive to take over the control. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete