Monday, September 20, 2010

Jesus Cares about Algebra

I am grateful that Jesus cares about the little things of life. Things like algebra tests.

Math and I have never really gotten along. For me, understanding math is as elusive as trying to get into Narnia. My first chapter test this fall didn't go so well . . . And in light of that, I spent hours this weekend taking practice exams, hoping to attain a better-than-failing grade. Even those pretests were a struggle, and I feared having to take the actual exam.

So before taking my test this morning, I prayed. I asked the Lord to help me; to help me understand the problems and how to solve them. To help me go slowly and not think it was a race. And, if it was His will, to help me do well.

An hour later, I clicked "submit" - and whaddya know? One wrong. Praise the Lord!!
Friend, I guarantee you, if the Lord listens to my prayers regarding algebra tests, He hears your cries too. The difficulties you find yourself in are no match for the power of the Lord. Big or small, Jesus cares. Come to Him, lay your burdens at His feet, and let Him work in your heart and in the situation you are facing.

"'Come to Me, all you who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.'" - Matthew 11:28-30

"Out of the depths I have cried to You, O LORD. Lord, hear my voice! Let Your ears be attentive to my supplications . . . I wait for the LORD, my soul does wait, and in His word I do hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than the watchmen wait for the morning . . . O Israel, hope in the Lord; for with the LORD there is lovingkindness, and with Him is abundant redemption." - Psalm 130:1-2, 5-7

I must apologize, I think I wrote something along these same lines several months ago. But I guess it something that I need to be continually reminded of. I hope and pray that you are not carrying your own burdens, but that you are crying out to the Lord, laying them at His feet. There is nothing we as believers have to face alone because the Lord is always with us. What a reason to rejoice!

2 comments:

  1. Another thought after reading this: isn't it funny how it is so common for us to try so hard to do things in this world relying solely on our own strength until we realize we are going nowhere and finally cry out to the Lord? Doing math, preaching sermons, teaching Bible lessons, and just living life...these are all things we can try to do in our own power and things that are much harder when we ignore the strength, guidance, and wisdom of the Holy Spirit. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete