Friday, September 10, 2010

remember...

Sometimes I am amazed at how easy it is to forget, especially when it comes to God's faithfulness, loving-kindness, and all that He has done in my life. In times of worry, stress, happiness, despair, challenges, and life changes, when we remember God, what He has done and what He promised to do, we known that God can and will take care of whatever comes along.

8"Remember this, and be assured;

Recall it to mind, you transgressors.

9"Remember the former things long past,

For I am God, and there is no other;

I am God, and there is no one like Me,


10Declaring the end from the beginning,

And from ancient times things which have not been done,

Saying, 'My purpose will be established,

And I will accomplish all My good pleasure';


11Calling a bird of prey from the east,

The man of My purpose from a far country

Truly I have spoken; truly I will bring it to pass.

I have planned it, surely I will do it.


12"Listen to Me, you stubborn-minded,

Who are far from righteousness.

13"I bring near My righteousness, it is not far off;

And My salvation will not delay

And I will grant salvation in Zion,

And My glory for Israel.

(from Isaiah 46)

Take time to reflect on God's goodness and faithfulness now, and everyday after, knowing that He will fulfill His purpose in your life - if you let Him.

1 comment:

  1. RJ, thanks for pointing our readers to Scripture. It's good to see God's faithfulness to His people Israel in this passage. It affirms God's character as One who is faithful first to Himself, then also to man- the pinnacle of His creation. The Creator of the Universe cared enough about His creation- me- to be also my Redeemer. Thanks for writing!

    ReplyDelete