Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Battle Is Real; So Are the Promises of God

I've got to be honest.  I kind of don't want to be writing anything today.  The past couple weeks of my life have just been ridiculously tiring.  Not so much physically as spiritually and emotionally.  Mostly spiritually.  Here's how it goes.

Two months ago or so (like my rhyme? :)) I moved out to Washington and since that time I have been seeking the Lord about where He wants me to get involved and what I should be doing.  He has ledge to a few different things so far including some youth ministry, leading in Younglife, and spending a portion of my time witnessing to people at the local downtown coffee shop.  It has been a battle to get to the place I am now though, which is simply confident that I am doing what He wants me to do.  Ever since I started the witnessing thing I have just been getting nailed with a large amount of spiritual attacks in the form of confusion, discouragement, fear, and temptation.  They are the kinds of things that I have battled with and through a lot but this time around has been some of the most difficult.  The Lord has brought me through it though, as only He can do, but I am just exhausted.  I have spent much of the past couple of days just sitting in God's presence and weeping, rejoicing, and praising Him for not just bringing me through it victoriously but also that He was with me through it.  Two Scriptures come to mind that I would like to share with you in closing.

Isaiah 43:2
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. 

Matthew 28:19-20
Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you.  And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.

Praise God!  Both of those promises have been very close to my heart for the past couple of weeks.  May you find strength and encouragement in them as well.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be praying for you, Justin! Keep fighting the good fight of faith and being faithful to what He has called you to!

    ReplyDelete