Saturday, August 14, 2010

Taking the leap

Hey guys
Things are really chaotic for me right now and I think I have no one to blame but myself. You see, I'm moving in to school today and didn't start packing till last night around, oh, 11:30... So this post is going to be short and to the point. I transferred to Concordia from the U of MN last semester (Go Gophers!!!) and a side bonus of that decision is that I get to play football again. I'm unbelievably excited but it's the first time I've ever gone into a football season not knowing what to expect (My Dad coaches our high school team, so I'd always been around at practices and therefore knew what was coming when I started high school football). So that's the metaphorical leap I was referencing in the title. Sometimes you go into things blind, but there's no reason to be nervous/afraid. Why shouldn't I be nervous about going into a new situation? Easy - God is always there, always watching us, always protecting us. I have nothing to fear because he is with me. And don't forget one of my all time favorite verses, Philippians 4:13 - "I can do everything through him who gives me strength."
Until next week,
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment