Sunday, July 4, 2010

Hey guys

Sorry, after a two week and one day hiatus - the Shada shootout (a 3 on 3 basketball tourney in Pelican Rapids) made me forget about posting... - I return with good news and great joy; because my team did all right haha, and last weekend I was out of town and had zero internet/phone service ... But anyway, thinking on the sports theme... One thing I've always been taught in sports is "never give up, never surrender." Yes, that's also a line from Galaxy Quest, which, head hung, I admit I've watched, but it is drilled into athletes of all ages. It applies to both the training and competing aspects of sports. Athletics also come into scripture - again with that magical never give up theme - for example Hebrews 1:1 (Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.) While it's great to have success on Earth, be it in sports/school/career/etc., it's far more important that we have success in the "race" that matters, the race to Heaven, if you will. As is written in the book of Acts: "I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me--the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace;" we need to focus on the task God has laid out for us.

Until next week, Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment