Sunday, June 6, 2010

Hip Hip Hip-o-pot-a-mos!


You all know the Hippo song, right? "In the beginning God made the sea, and the forest filled with trees..." This is one of my favorite songs ever, and just so happens to be my 4 year old nephew's favorite song as well! Last week I spent a few days with my family and every single day my nephew would beg me to sing the song while he danced. I love singing little kid songs, but I seldom pay attention to the words. As I was singing it one day I actually thought about what I was singing, and realized it was a song of praise!

How often do we take for granted that God created everything that we see? The birds, trees, water, sun, everything! While in California, we went to the Aquarium in Monterey and was astonished at all the complex, small, gorgeous animals that our Lord created to give us a better understanding of His beauty. This is a picture of one of the jellyfish, my favorite exhibit:


In Genesis 1:27 it states that God created us in the image of Himself. And in 1 Corinthians 6:19 it says,"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body"

We were created in God's image! God's beauty is everywhere, especially within each of us. Today I challenge all of you to find God's beauty in the simple things, you will be astonished at how easy it is to praise our Lord when you truly appreciate the little things that He has blessed us with!

No comments:

Post a Comment