Monday, November 11, 2013

What a Difference the Son Makes

Today was the coldest day we've seen yet in Beulah this fall. When Jordan, Ezekiel and I set out for our morning walk it was a chilly 10 degrees. Some may call us crazy, stubborn, or dedicated - but I absolutely love that four-mile morning walk. Sometimes I'd even say I need that walk. And ya know what? 10 degrees today didn't actually feel that bad. The sun was shining, the sky was clear, and the wind was virtually non-existent.

It's amazing what a difference the sun makes.

If today had been cloudy, the sun hidden, and the wind howling - it would have been a miserable 10 degrees. And I can pretty much guarantee you, that for the sake of my 18-month old bundled in the stroller, I probably wouldn't have gone the entire four miles.

It's amazing what a difference the sun makes.

And what a difference the Son makes. 

I love that, even though, as believers, our lives aren't all sunshine and daisies and summer days, the Son is still there.

I love that, although Jesus promised that we would have trouble in this world, the Son Himself has overcome the world.

I love that, no matter the howling wind and bitter storms going on in life, the Son is always present.

He may seem absent. He may seem hidden. He may seem like He'll never be seen again.

But He isn't. 
"Thus says the LORD, your Creator, O Jacob, and He who formed you, O Israel,
'Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine! When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they will not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, nor will the flame burn you. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, you Savior . . .'" - Isaiah 43:1-3, NASB (emphasis mine)

What hope we have as believers! Though the trials, the pain, the suffering, the heartache come - we do not experience them alone. We do not fight alone. We do not weep alone.

What a difference the Son makes.

No comments:

Post a Comment