Friday, March 22, 2013

congruence

congruence
noun
1. the quality or state of agreeing or corresponding

From the middle of January to the middle of March, I'd been reading the Gospel of John. So just over a week ago, I started reading 1st, 2nd, and 3rd John; letters written by the same guy named John. The overlapping content caused me to see things in a new way.

John expressed his relationship with Jesus with congruence.

What the heck does that mean?

Through his writing, John's witness was agreeing with his life lived. His words are corresponding with his actions.

This makes me think about my own life.

In different contexts, am I the same person?
Do my actions line up with my words?
Am I the same person on the outside as I am on the inside?

How could I live this way?

By reading John's writing, I get a sense of congruence that points me to the answer.

The 15th chapter of the Gospel of John and the 2nd chapter of John's first letter emphasize the how.

Remain connected to Jesus. Love one another.

Simple. Easier said than done.

Constant connection with Christ allows us to love others here on Earth.

This is the ultimate picture of congruence.

My heart longs to know Jesus and to communicate His love with congruence like John has done.

No comments:

Post a Comment