Friday, February 22, 2013

Nothing New

For centuries, heck, for a couple millennia followers of Christ have faced the same temptation.

As the book of Ecclesiastes tells us "there is nothing new under the sun."

What is that temptation?

Spending extended amounts of time discussing doctrinal differences.

The time spent focusing on the minute details that differentiate those guys there and these guys here all too often divides us and causes us to forget about Jesus and His heart for all people.

I have spent my fair share of minutes, hours - dare I admit, days - considering which camp I should set up my tent for this short time I'm able to camp with Christ here in this kingdom.

And isn't that what it's all about?

Knowing Jesus Christ; The Anointed One, Messiah, Savior, Healer, Teacher,  Friend.

Living life following Jesus is not easy. We are faced with debates and disagreements. We get asked tough questions. Sometimes we don't know what to say or do. We are tempted in many ways.

So I'll leave you with a quote from one of Jesus' followers who is much wiser than myself:

"The best way to come to understand what we don't know is to live what we do."

Do you know Jesus? Live your life with Him today.

No comments:

Post a Comment