Friday, February 15, 2013

dancing in the minefields


a dear friend posted a link to a video on the Facebook yesterday that struck a chord in my heart.

this is because I'd listened to that song two - if not three - times before during the day. my heart was being molded by my Maker through the lyrics and composition of Andrew Peterson.

after 8 months of being married, I am aware of my inexperience and ignorance about much of what life lived so intimately with another is like.

being married is meant for so much more than making one person happy.
being married is about life to be received not to address an emptiness you want relieved.
being married is a beautiful way to understand our identity as image bearers of God.

together, husband and wife can go dancing in the minefields, sailing in the storms. I am glad I am.

so, in light of Valentine's Day, however you feel about it, and whatever your relational status; consider the lyrics of Peterson's song "Dancing in the Minefields."




No comments:

Post a Comment