Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Taking in Beauty

When was the last time you stopped and took the time to be filled with awe at the beauty around you?

I've been experiencing this a lot lately. The stars on a crisp night, an orchestral ode to Frank Sinatra; an amazingly good tasting biscuit; snow falling in sunlight; the way six different writers from several different centuries can convey essentially the same idea to me; a young child's discoveries; and many other things.

I haven't gone searching for these raw beauties... I've simply had my eyes opened to them as I've asked God to reveal Himself to me. God's handiwork is all around us, pointing us to the glory of God.

When was the last time you stopped and took the time to be filled with awe at the beauty around you? 
Would you take some time today, maybe even right now, to take in the beauty of God and His handiwork? 

No comments:

Post a Comment