Wednesday, December 5, 2012

That You May Be Filled...

Do you ever feel like your brothers and sisters in Christ just don't have the passion you'd like to see them have? Or, maybe you don't feel like your church has the New Testament like testimony it should in the world?

I have.

My small group just started into the book of Colossians last night. As I read through the first chapter, I was convicted. And I share this with you, not to convict you, but to encourage you, to follow the example of Paul.

Verses 9-12 of Colossians chapter one says; "...we have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God. May you be strengthened with all endurance and patience with joy, giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light."

As I read these verses I was convicted because, when I see things lacking in others, or my church, I rarely take it to prayer. And if I do it's something like; 'God, they need to change, so please do it, according to Your will.' Which isn't bad, but in that, my heart isn't crying out for their wellbeing.

Could we, in an effort to see change in those whom we love as other parts of the body of Christ, pray for those around us, and each other, in this way? I wonder what may change around us in the next month if we partake in heartfelt, uplifting prayer for our brothers and sisters in Christ?

Who's up for giving this a go?

No comments:

Post a Comment