Friday, November 9, 2012

built to be broken

this framework I've built needs to be broken.
rigid wall, when will you fall? open up to freedom!
safe inside, I've found a warm place to hide.
what lies out there? something more, I'm sure.
escape seems impossible. who will hold control?
work to accomplish. do to achieve.
strive to survive. prove my worth.
here the focus is clear; me. my. mine.
there the focus is clearer; we. us. ours.

this framework I've built needs to be broken.
what is in His will for us to inherit?
being known. being loved.
forgiveness. freedom.
grace that saves. relationships releasing weary working slaves.
it's an issue of the heart; this framework that sets us apart.
Father. Son. Holy Spirit. That voice inside - do we hear it?
Brother. Sister. Uncle. Aunt. It takes a village to raise a child.
Ask and receive? Seek and find? This new view is sure to be wild!

this framework I've built is being broken by God; only to be remade in His hands.

have you built a framework for your faith that needs to be broken?

No comments:

Post a Comment