Wednesday, October 10, 2012

go. do. live.

"With authority." This is something I've been thinking a lot about this week as my boss keeps reminding me to hammer nails, carry sheets of plywood, and drill screws, "With authority."

As Christians we're called to live a life of authority. Not lording ourselves over those around us, or conveying a 'holier than thou' image. Instead we are called to walk in newness of life, crucified with Christ, it is not us which lives, but Christ living in us and through us. We are called to live with authority.

Authority over our own sin and shame, authority over principalities and powers, authority over darkness. Not that we may boast. But to point to Christ. And His work in and through our lives.

In my own daily life, I struggle immensely with this. It's easy to forget I am crucified with Christ. It's easy to forget, when God looks at me, He sees the death of His Son, the payment for my sin, Christ's righteous life, placed over me, justification. It's easy to forget Jesus is at work to sanctify me, to make me continually more reflective of Him.

This is a call to remember, for me and for you, to walk forward in life with authority, because of what Christ has done for us. His death. His resurrection. His victory. His righteousness. His justification. His sanctification. His authority. With us.

With authority... go. do. live.

To God be the glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment