Friday, September 14, 2012

Knit or Crochet ?

It's that time of year again.

Cool evenings leading to chilly nights. The sun rises and melts away Fall's first frost. Shorts and t-shirts dominate sunny afternoons before sweatshirts come out again after the evening meal.

With the changing of seasons people are looking for their warm clothes again.

Some people start knitting.

My wife and I crochet. 

She makes mittens. I make hats. Together we engage our creativity to make things people enjoy.

There was a poet named Dave who used creative language that I enjoy describing how God created us all.

 For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb. (Psalm 139:13)

In the "Tim Herset Translation" it reads:
    'you crocheted me together in my mother's womb.' 

Just as each stitch in every hat I make is unique, God made every part of every one of us unique. 

We've all been given a personality, a smile, a sense of humor, a left brain or a right brain default, a laugh, and an identity. God made you to be you. 

Sometimes the world wants us to believe we have to change who we are in order to be "good enough." 

That is not the case. 

God knew every detail about you when He put you together in your mother's womb. 

Through His sacrificial death and resurrection, He redeems, restores, and renews the broken parts we have.

Now, we are to be His children, living as He made us to be. 

What is it that sets you apart from everyone else on this planet? 
How did God knit - or crochet - you so you can best serve Him?
Do you need to get back to being the person you know you are?

No comments:

Post a Comment