Friday, August 24, 2012

Be. Know. Do.


All too often I lose my balance.

Last week this happened when I stepped on a rock. Part of my lower leg touched the ground in a way it was not designed to touch. Ankle equals sprained. Losing my balance has drastically affected me this week.

This week has been tough as a result of losing my balance. I am moving slower than normal. There is a nagging pain. People notice a difference and ask concerned questions. I feel like a different person.

All too often I lose my balance.

Jesus calls us to follow Him.
Who we once were has been transformed into something (someone) new.
We have a new identity, someone God desires us to be.

Jesus tells us some important stuff.
We are to love God and our neighbors with our whole heart, soul, mind, and strength.
These are the two most important commands we are supposed to know.

Jesus gives us instructions.
Leave your life of sin. Go and make disciples. Remain connected to Him.
Life has an endless list of things we can do.

All too often I lose my balance.

Some days I'm more concerned about what I know. 
Other days all I focus on is the list of things I want to do.
Then there are days where my main objective is to simply be.

To walk with Jesus while remaining balanced, I need all three.

Be a part of the Family - the Father's love adopts you.
Know that Jesus has paid the price for sin - He is your hope.
Do what He tells you - follow the Holy Spirit's leading.

No comments:

Post a Comment