Sunday, July 8, 2012

Wrinkles and Ripples

For some, like myself, the process of putting a pen to paper is meditative. 

It brings clarity.
Time slows down.
Life receives an evaluation.
Film is developed in my photographic mind.

As my eyes focus on the squiggles filling up the lines, I picture myself staring at the glasslike surface of a high mountain lake.

My forehead wrinkles are but ripples on the water.
The teeth creating my smile blend in like smooth stones rolling up against the shore.
A splash wakes me up, and I'm back to reality.

Over the past five weeks life has been turned upside down, I've been shaken; my pockets emptied onto the ground. Slowly but surely, coins are picked up.

The process has been both exhausting and restful.

And there has been much to write about.

For the next six weeks I will share with you, the reader, some of the thoughts that God has clarified in my mind.

You will see into some dimly lit corners of my heart.
You will hear the songs of joy overflowing from my soul.
You will get to know me a little more.

And hopefully you will more fully know Jesus.

I will be writing about four main areas of life that God has used to shape me.

Loving.
Losing.
Leaving. 
Living.

Looking forward to taking you on this journey I've been along lately. 

1 comment: