Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Helpless...

Recently I awoke early in the morning, and after not being able to fall back asleep I got up and read from my Bible, and listened to various songs from artist Jadon Lavik. One of the phrases in the song 'Surrender' on his album 'The Road Acoustic' really hit me. It says,

"Helpless is right where You want me, and helpless is where I am free."

I don't know about you and where you are at in life, or your relationship with God. But in many ways in my life, I have felt helpless. And my natural, sinful reaction to this helpless feeling, is to whine and complain. To worry. Maybe you can relate?

The reality of our relationship with God however is, He is made strong in our helplessness. Think about it. Reflect on it. Praise God for it! When I am weak, He is made strong! Gospel. Good news. God at work.

As I did the other early morning, take time to reflect on just how helpless you are. Examine your weaknesses. But don't stop there! Move forward into reflecting on how they in effect enable you to more fully see God's strength, rely on it, and experience the freedom of being helpless. And praise God for it!

Here's to wholehearted helplessness!

No comments:

Post a Comment