Saturday, April 21, 2012

What's in a Name?


I thank the Lord for giving me such an incredible older sister to love and mentor me. My sister's intimate walk with the Lord has encouraged and strengthened me in more ways than I can describe. Without her influence in my life I wouldn't be the same person I am today. This week I was challenged (very challenged) by a simple (very simple) email from the AFLC Home Missions desk of my beloved sister, Christie Friestad. As soon as it read it, I knew it was something I wanted to share in my Saturday blog post. It has remained on my mind all week and served to prompt me to greater trust in the Lord during moments of testing. I hope it blesses you in the same way.

Oh, and... Happy Birthday Christie!

_____________________________________ 

What's in a name...in God's Name?

Everything I need.

Grace. Comfort. Strength. Wisdom, Presence. Justice. Father. Hope. Salvation. Joy. Light. Peace. Truth. Life. Patience. Vision. Sufficiency.

Whatever I need in this moment, God says, "I AM."  (Exodus 3:14)



Looking to Jesus,
Christie Friestad 
Admin. Assistant, AFLC Home Missions

No comments:

Post a Comment