Friday, December 2, 2011

Are you a Follower?



Who will you be?

I have been challenged with that questions the past few weeks, and especially with the down time as I was sick this past week. Sometimes God has to make us slow down and be in His quiet love...He knew what I needed...

Have you ever noticed how Jesus called His disciples? He didn't ask them if they believed in Him. He didn't ask if they would be OK with the rough road that was ahead. He said "Follow Me, and I will show you how to fish for people."

So much happened after the disciples made that choice to follow Christ - and it all wouldn't have happened if they decided to do their own thing instead. Following Christ was just the beginning.

Have I missed out from so much in my walk with Christ, because I have said that "I believe in Him" but it stops there because I choose to do my own thing over following Him...Many times I don't truly follow Him - I cling to my will, or maybe I am too worried about appearance or doing "what is right."

Many times tho, we can find ourselves believing in Jesus, "following" Him until the hard path comes. But then what? We decided that we don't want to be fully committed - we want to have a part and do what we want. We can't seem to let go.

Watching "not a fan" on JCTV this week stirred a question in my heart, and has really challenged me -
am I just a "fan" of Jesus, or amd I a complete, devoted Follower.
If we choose to follow Him, where He leads us will not be easy, it won't be void of sorrow or despair, but it will develop our character to be more like His, it will draw us closer to Him if we allow Him, and He will show us what to do next. We need to decide in our heart if it is worth it, and not turn back. And it will only be the beginning - He will teach us show much, and show us how to live as we let go and follow Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment