Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Vision

Have you ever lost your vision? I don't mean eyesight. If you had lost that you probably wouldn't be reading this. (That joke is a true :) and LOL joke, right?) I'm serious though. Have you ever gone through a moment or many moments of time in your life where you have lost sight of what God had called you to do? I have. I am just coming out of one right now.

Here's how the story goes. I spent much time in prayer and seeking wise counsel over a decision that had to be made a while ago and when I made the decision in the way that God wanted me to, with a vision for what He wanted me to do and accomplish, I was raring to go and ready to accomplish His will. As time went by though I got sidetracked by circumstances that I really had no control over, but wanted to control, and I lost sight of what it was that God had originally intended for me to do. I became burdened by things that I was not called to be burdened by and I was ready to be done with what God had called me to. Have you ever been there? Have you ever had a goal, had a vision for something that was supposed to be accomplished in your life? Maybe it wasn't necessarily a "God-given" vision, but have you ever desired to see something done? Maybe it was to lose weight, read a good book, sing a song in public, or something else like that. Did you find that as you went on you lost sight of the vision you had sometime along the way; so you quit before you made it to the end goal. That's kind of what I am describing here.

I started off and went strong for about 1 1/2 months and then some things began to happen and I was ready to give up on my vision. Why? Because I couldn't see it any longer. I could no longer see and had no desire to see what it was that God had called me to do. This became a huge spiritual battle in my life and it was only with the counsel of those around me that I was able to once again gain my vision and see what it was that God had originally called me to do.

Here's my advice. When hard times come and your vision is challeneged, and it will be, stay the course. Don't quit. If God has given you a vision for something that He wants you to do, do it, and if you need to, get some wise counsel to help you stay the course. In the end God wants His vision to be accomplished and He wants to accomplish it through you.

Proverbs 29:18 (TNIV)
"Where there is no revelation, people cast off restraint; but blessed are those who heed wisdom’s instruction."

1 comment: