Thursday, November 24, 2011

Glad Game

Ahhh Thanksgiving. Family, laughter, great food, and rest. I love this time of year.

Throughout the entire year, almost on a daily basis, I play what's called the "Glad Game". This was introduced by Eleanor H. Porter in her book Pollyanna, in which the little girl can always find something to be glad about, even in the worst of situations. As today is Thanksgiving, there has been plenty of time to sit back and reflect on what I am thankful for.

Here's an excerpt from my favorite book, Redeeming Love:

"Who are you?"

Yahweh, El Shaddai, Jehovah-mekoddishkem, El Elyon, El Olam, Elohim...

The names kept coming, moving together like music, rushing through her blood, filling her. She trembling in fear and could not move. He reached out and touched her, and she felt warmth encomassing her and the fear dissolving away. She looked down at herself and found she was clean and clothed in white....Blinking, she looked up again and saw the Man of Light covered with her filth. "No!" she wept. "Oh God, I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'll take it back. I'll do anything..." Yet even as she reached out, the defilement disappeared and He stood before her perfect again.

I am the way...Follow Me.
"

This Thanksgiving, I am thankful for family, friends, good food, laughter and joy, a warm house, and so much more. However, what I am most thankful for is the fact that my Jesus has redeemed me! I'm thankful that He chose to come to earth and die in my place, where I should have been, and defeat the power of Satan and hell! I'm thankful that I can now spend eternity with Him in Heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment