Monday, October 24, 2011

Incredible Worry - Incredible Peace

Worry. It's one of those things that perpetually plague believers. Whether it be finances, health issues, looming exams or travel conditions - we worry. Well, at least I know I do. And I sure wish I didn't.

This afternoon, I was quickly consumed with worry. Panic took over my heart. Shortly afterwards, I turned to the Lord in prayer. As I cut my apple, folded clothes and prepared for work, I prayed. During my 14 mile drive to work, I prayed. On Highway 200, the Lord reminded me of a verse I had read just this weekend:
"'Cease striving and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.' The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our stronghold." - Psalm 46:10-11
And as I drove an incredible peace flooded my worried heart. All of a sudden, instead of an anxious heart, the Lord gave me a heart filled with a peace that passes understanding.

I was reminded that the LORD is in control of my every circumstance. The fear of my heart is near to His. During my times of panic, worry and fear, the LORD is not just near - He is with me. He gives me strength and peace. And no matter what happens, He is in control - He will be exalted.

I pray that you too will find comfort in these great promises of the LORD. Don't let fear and worry grip your heart when you have the God of the universe ready to take that worry upon Himself and give you incredible peace.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this Sarah! YHWH Sabaoth-- LORD of hosts. How amazing to be able to put our trust in the One who leads and guides, but also stills and quiets. Thank you for this reminder!

    ReplyDelete