Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Laughter of the Devil

"I've heard that laughter before."

This came a few nights ago from a friend as I was talking about how easy it is to get discouraged and start believing all the lies Satan throws at you. Have you ever heard the devil sneer as you believe the lies he tries to place in all of our minds? The more I opened up about it, the more I realized that Satan is after each one of us in this manner.

Satan is known as the father of lies--the great deciever-- it's what he does best. He's really good at taking little things that seem to be true and twisting them until they're a flatout lie, but once you're at that point, it's hard to go back. Jesus faced a similar situation as recorded in the gospel of Luke:

"And the devil took him up and showed him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time, and said to him, "To you I will give all this authority and their flory, for it has been delivered to me, and I give it to whom I will. If you, then, will worship me, it will all be yours." And Jesus answered him, "It is written, "You shall worship the Lord your God, and him only shall you serve."" And he took him to Jerusalem and set him on the pinnacle of the temple and said to him, "If you are the Son of God, throw yourself down from here, "for it is written, "He will command his angels concerning you, to guard you', and "On their hands they will bear you up, lest you strike your foot against a stone." And Jeesus asnwered him, "It is said, "You shall not put the Lord your God to the test." --Luke 4:5-12

In each situation that Jesus was tempted in, He responded with Scripture. Satan knows the Word too--as he tried tempting Christ by quoting it to Him-- so that makes it all the more important that we know what God really says.

Psalm 119:11 says, "I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you."

In whatever situation you find yourself in today, no matter how Satan tempts you, you can find your source of peace and security in Christ and the Word of God. The sneers of the devil are just empty laughter, and in Christ we have the victory over sin and death. That doesn't mean that temptations won't arise, but when they do, that we have the authority in Jesus Christ to cling to Him.

Friends, cling to Him today.

"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path." --Psalm 119:105

No comments:

Post a Comment