Thursday, August 25, 2011

No Pain. No Gain.

Starting a new routine hurts.

This week the pain was felt physically for me with my new routine. My brain is a physical thing isn't it? Wrapping my thoughts around what this semester - this entire next year - will hold has been one heck of a task. Juggling school, work, relationships, and my own person will make me look like a one man circus if done properly. If I fail, it'll probably hurt. After that, it's time to rework, rethink, and restart a new routine. Which, inevitably will hurt.

Part of the pain I felt physically because of my new routine was felt in my legs. While my brain pain came from thinking about stuff that is absolutely essential, the leg pain is optional. If we were to get into a dialogue covering pros and cons of travel options, you may think my opinion is that leg pain is essential. But, I honestly have a choice to ride my bike to school or drive. There are plenty of reasons why I choose to pedal and feel pain. Read them here. However you look at it, I stand firm on the fact that starting a new routine hurts.
________________________________________________

For some, the new routine includes the absence of a boyfriend or girlfriend.

Others feel pain when life's routine changes with their new job relocating them far away.

There are folks who feel pain when the alarm goes off as they wake up for some quiet time.

Statistically speaking, most people can't handle the pain of starting a new exercise routine.

With the birth of a new child, the up-at-random-hours routine doesn't feel awesome.

Financial routines that are responsible seem to hurt the pocket book at all times.
________________________________________________

As the old saying goes though - No Pain. No Gain. The same can be said about life with Christ. Sometimes it's through the most painful and tragic circumstances that one grows closest to Jesus. There's nothing better to gain than a more intimate relationship with the one true God. For many teenagers, myself included ex post facto, waking up for church on Sundays is worse than pulling teeth. Do I see the gain in that routine now that I look back? Yah sure you betcha!

This could go on and on, but my new routine hurts. Therefore, I will stop typing and go to bed. But first, think about this:

What new routine might bring you some pain but offer significant gain to your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment