Thursday, June 23, 2011

Please Don't Let Me Go


I've been hearing this song on the radio a lot recently. Take a listen to Group 1 Crew - Please Don't Let Me Go:



This verse struck me:
"I remember the moments life was a blur
An adolescent spirit far from mature
I couldn't tell between a friend or a foe
So alone I remained looked to the sky for hope
Its hard to feel alive when your cold
Its hard to reach the sky when your low
Sunlight is hard to find in a storm
How can I give love if my souls been torn
A broken vessel you call it a master piece
No eye can see how deeply your in love with me
Honestly I cant love me how you love me
But obviously there's something that you want from me
Cause you don't want to let me go
Owner of the world but you want my soul
My heart is crying out lord please take control
I need you and I don't wanna let go"

Actually one line in the verse struck me in particular: Owner of the world but you want my soul. 


I just started reading Mark Cahill's book "One Thing You Can't Do in Heaven." Do you know what he says the one thing you can't do in heaven is? Witness. 

John 17:1-5 says,

"Jesus spoke these things; and lifting up His eyes to heaven, He said, “Father, the hour has come; glorify Your Son, that the Son may glorify You, even as You gave Him authority over all flesh, that to all whom You have given Him, He may give eternal life. This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. I glorified You on the earth, having accomplished the work which You have given Me to do. Now, Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was."



God's been reminding me this week that there is really only one thing that matters in this earthly life, that the owner of the world wants our souls. When it comes right down to it that's all that matters, that all would know Him as their Lord and Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment