Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Marvel Like A Child

Fond memories of cobble stone streets, sand castles, cables car rides and giant bubbles fill my mind as I reflect on my childhood. As a child I marveled at all the things I saw and experienced for the first time.

I can still remember the first time I saw a giant bubble. I'm not even sure where we were or how old I was, all I remember is that HUGE bubble and how it made me feel. Even now that awe floods my senses. It was one of the most amazing things my little eyes had ever beheld. To this day when I see bubbles I remember that moment.

Everything seems larger than life when your little. You have fresh eyes and an unmitigated excitement as you discover, learn and grow. Sadly, as we become older we are not as quick to be awed, amazed or to marvel.

Psalm 71: 15-18 "My mouth will tell of your righteous deeds, of your saving acts all day long—though I know not how to relate them all. I will come and proclaim your mighty acts, Sovereign LORD; I will proclaim your righteous deeds, yours alone. Since my youth, God, you have taught me, and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds. Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, my God, till I declare your power to the next generation, your mighty acts to all who are to come."

I have a friend who has marvel in her voice when we talk about God. As she talks about what she is learning and how she is growing in her faith I can hear the excitement and amazement at the thing the Lord is revealing to her. She is a testimony to me that we can still be awed by bubbles, even if we aren't children anymore.

This week I'm reminded to Marvel.

Be Blessed
Naom
i

2 comments:

  1. Im blessed by this, thanks, Naomi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great though, Naomi. May Christ never become commonplace to us.

    ReplyDelete