Sunday, December 5, 2010

To See Him As He Is

"My God is so BIG, so strong, and so mighty, there's nothing my God cannot do!"

Have you ever considered how big our God truly is? Recently I've been learning about the attributes of God, and honestly-- they blow my mind. I cannot even begin to comprehend how big and majestic and holy He is. It seems like the more I learn about who He is, the more I realize that I really don't know anything about Him at all!

I think we as a body of Christ in America have lost the right view of God. In A.W. Tozer's book, The Knowledge of the Holy, he says, "This God we have made and because we have made him we can understand him; because we created him he can never surprise us, never overwhelm us, nor astonish us, nor transcend us." This mindset that we have of God is completely wrong, and He's longing to show us His true self. Tozer goes on to say, "The God of glory sometimes revealedHimself like a sun to warm and bless, indeed, but often to astonish, overwhelm, and blind before He healed and bestowed permanent sight" (Page 43).

God wants to show us how big He is. His desire is that we would know Him and know His power, but our finite minds cannot even begin to fathom who He really is on our own.

Solomon realized how holy and big God is when he prepared to build the temple for the Lord. In 2 Chronicles 2:5-6 he says, "The house that I am to build will be great, for our God is greater than all gods. But who is able to build him a house, since heaven, even highest heaven, cannot contain Him? Who am I to build a house for Him, except as a place to make offering before Him"

When we begin to see God for who He is, we will realize how meak and lowly we are in of ourselves. I pray that this week we would all start to view God as the God Almighty-- El Shaddai.

So I ask this of you today: how big is your God?

No comments:

Post a Comment